Project info for Sportwire
Created 2 Oct 2002 at 15:40 UTC by garym, last modified 2 Oct 2002 at 15:42 UTC by garym.
Freshmeat page: http://freshmeat.net/projects/sportwire/
Sportwire is a Java servlet implementation of an XML-based data acquisition and web presentation system developed for high-traffic national sports news websites such as cbc.ca/sports.
- pipeline processing of XML through multiple stylesheets and/or XML/RDBMS.
- flexible content caching to accommodate both semi-static content (eg bios) and highly volatile content (game updates) while minimizing server and database loading.
- Based on the Apache Velocity template system.
- Completely speakable URLs: No aych tee em ells or ecks em ells required. Sportwire follows a philosophy of human-oriented web addressing.
- Support for NewsML and SportsML, and for the translation of the AFP, ESPN and SN quasi-XML news feeds into standards-based SportsML.
This project has the following developers:
- garym is a Lead Developer.