Project info for Piranha
Created 26 Feb 2000 at 00:31 UTC by Bryce, last modified 1 Nov 2002 at 19:31 UTC by kgb.
Freshmeat page: http://freshmeat.net/projects/piranha/
Piranha is strictly a software HA implementation. (Piranha is the name of the cluster package, and also of the GUI administrative tool for the cluster.) The Piranha clustering system includes the following components:
- IPVS kernel code (written by Wensong Zhang).
- lvs daemon to manage the IPVS routing table via the ipvsadm tool.
- nanny daemon to monitor servers and services on real servers in a cluster.
- pulse daemon to control the other daemons and handle failovers between IPVS routing boxes.
- piranha GUI tool to administer and manage the cluster environment.
This project has the following developers:
- alan is a Helper.
- kgb is a Lead Developer.
- Bryce is a Lead Developer.
- Al is a Helper.