Project info for Exchange for Unix
Created 5 Sep 2000 at 00:54 UTC by lkcl, last modified 12 Sep 2001 at 22:54 UTC by lkcl.
Exchange for Unix is a project to provide Open Source compatible versions of Exchange 5.5 Server and Outlook.
The requirements and aims are:
- To provide a reasonably portable (autoconf'd) version of the DCE 1.1 Runtime Library and environment, extending it to be MSRPC-compatible and add NTLMSSP authentication and encryption.
- To extend the DCE 1.1 Runtime Library to other transports, such as DCE/RPC over HTTP. To implement an apache DCE/RPC over HTTP proxy module [which will redirect from port 80 to port 689].
- To provide client and server DCE/RPC implementations of the Nspi* API (whatever that is, but it looks X.400-like)
- To provide client and server DCE/RPC implementations of the MAPI proxy-transport.
- To provide client and server MAPI implementations.
- To encourage and contact other developers to provide implementations of the front and back-ends to the MAPI API (e.g Evolution).
Update: freedce achieves a number of these aims.
This project has the following developers:
- lkcl is a Lead Developer.
- chema is a Contributor.