Aurora is the effort to port Red Hat Linux 7.2+ to SPARC32/SPARC64.
Why the name Aurora?
Well, its one of the following reasons:
1) Its the title of a Foo Fighters song off "There Is Nothing Left To Lose". (I'm a HUGE Foo Fighters fan)
2) Its the name of my first SPARC, a SparcStation5, which I once installed an LFS system on, over the course of 3 months.
3) Its Colorado's third largest city. I've never been to Colorado.
4) Its a brand of car by Oldsmobile.
5) Its the short term for the meterological phenomenon called Aurora Borealis.
6) It was the mission name for the Mercury 7 NASA Flight, in 1962.
7) Its a type of Russian Navy Cruiser Ship.
8) Its the name of a multiport serial driver for a board tha t exists for SPARC machines (aurora.o)
9) USS Aurora was an Argo Class Patrol Boat from WWII, WPC-103, commissioned the 21st of December, 1931.
This project has the following developers:
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.