Rygel 0.7.4 (Look at the Princess)
Rygel 0.7.4 (Look at the Princess) released!
A new release in the current unstable 0.7.x series for upcoming GNOME 2.32.0
- Fix wildcard handling in search request.
- Distribute correct copy of scallable icons.
- Provide icons in DLNA standard sizes.
- Provide icons in JPEG format as well.
- Don't offer transcoding from video to audio and viceversa. This makes sense
anyway and reduces network traffic.
- Only offer time seeking if duration is known.
- Report correct DLNA profile for MPEG-TS HD and WMV transcoder.
- List DLNA formats first in the list of supported formats.
- Provide correct values for out parameters of GetCurrentConnectionInfo action.
- Correctly handle HTTP 'POST' requests.
- Correct checks for vala bindings.
- Use new 64-bit size property in GUPnP resource API so that we can deal with
resources bigger than 2GB.
- Fix some (potential) crashes.
- Correctly handle a translated string involving plurals.
- Don't use deprecated libsoup API.
- Correct flaws in code related to search for media object by ID. This combined
with some changes in Tracker plugin (see below) improves the reliability and
especially the performance of Tracker plugin a lot.
- Use the mime-type and DLNA profile when provided in item creation requests.
- Advertize byte-seek support for thumbnails.
- Correct algorithm to decide whether to seek or not.
- Set standard header on XML files.
- Prefix service URLs with a "/". This seems like the right way to do it and it
might actually improve our IOP.
- Make use of new APIs to report all known DLNA profiles in list of supported
formats (MediaServer only).
- Add support for the "Genre" tag in music items.
- Handle AlbumArt property.
- Fix a few crashes.
- Remove workaround for bug#602003.
- Make sure metadata container get unique IDs.
- Performance improvements to search for media object by ID.
- Make use of DLNA profile when provided.
- Don't use Tracker's logo as icon.
- Ignore duration of '0'.
- Print debug after item creation in store.
- Disable plugin when Tracker plugin is/becomes available.
- Require sqlite3 VAPI only for this plugin.
- Code clean-up and general speed improvements
- Extract embedded album art
- Remove the ability for user-defined virtual folders, providing a set of
built-in folders similar to that of tracker's.
- Fix some minor regressions introduced by the switch to gupnp-dlna metadata
- Move configured files and folders into their own "Files & Folders" container
to de-clutter root.
- Add ta translation.
- Update Galician translations.
- Update Hebrew translation.
- Update Spanish translation.
- Update Romanian translation.
- Update Slovenian translation.
- DLNA test cases fixed in this release:
- Require and adapt to Vala 0.9.5.
- Require gupnp-av >= 0.5.9.
- Require gupnp-dlna >= 0.3.0.
- Require gstreamer-tag >= 0.10.28.
- Require gstreamer-app >= 0.10.28.
All contributors to this release:
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
Lucian Adrian Grijincu
Download source tarball from here