Seem more and more users request to know what is being worked on about their prefered softwares, I thought I would try to keep my advocato diary updayed.
Generic Prelude work
- Merged the new IDMEF API in CVS head.
- Sensors have been ported to the new IDMEF API.
- Implemented a database cache, improving frontend query time by a factor of 6, on my local machine. This is available to any frontend using libpreludedb.
A lot of work has being done to make the Prelude NIDS gigabit capable and I recently commited theses to the CVS tree. Changes include:
- Multithreading support providing the ability to parallelize the packet analysis process on SMP machines.
- Implementation of the e2xb algorithm for speeding up pattern matching