Lampadas will provide a web interface for authors to easily write documentation and for LDP staff to easily manage the document collection. Lampadas will be a very powerful publication system, and more powerful than any currently available in the Free Software/Open Source world. It will offer features oriented toward authors as well as the reader, such as document annotation.
Development version at: http://www.lampadas.org
A really handy piece of it is a Perl module + script for converting plain text/WikiText to DocBook, called wt2db:
There's an LDP how-to about how to author in WikiText.
You can check out wt2db from the LDP cvs and run it locally.
1. Log into their anonymous cvs: cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot login
2. Grab the wt2db module: cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot\ co LDP/wt2db/
3. It also requires the HTML::Entities perl module, so do:
perl -MCPAN -e shell
4. At the cpan> prompt, type: install HTML::Entities
5. Once that's done, you should be able to run the Makefile in the wt2db distribution ./Makefile.PL