Whoo, it's been pretty quiet on the code front in my case =)
Probably because I've been busy with Most Other Stuff, uninteresting things, and really interesting other things. Could it get any more vague than this?
Well, anyway, today I did code something.
I discovered uptimed, a much better alternative for ud. I converted my old uptimes to its format, and decided I needed to put that to web.
The problem: The machine's home page was written in JSP. Tomcat and Apache don't like each other so much that I could do a virtual include request to a CGI program... so it's all Java or nothing. So, I couldn't use the included CGI.
I used a quick "include stuff from shell command uprecords -a" until I wrote a JSP to parse the recordfile. Now it shows the thing as a HTML table.
If my machine somehow is up, you can see the results. I'll clean it up and release it later.
Too much Java.
Oh yeah: Someone in the Usenet was obviously asking for a school/course work solution for some trivial problem... in Java. I gave the answer... in Lisp....