Last week was mostly boring. I spent a lot of time cleaning up random things now that DP4 is out. One was to get /etc/rpcs, /etc/services, and /etc/protocols matches up with the current IANA assignments. Should have been easy, but for one, IANA doesn't provide BSD format versions of the assignments (or I'm a bozo and didn't look hard enough), so I had to munge the files they do have, and then I had to get all of that into NetInfo, which was easier given Mark's new nicl tool in DP4 and the script I wrote for parsing the flat files and sending that to nicl, but there's a bug in my script, so the services file just loads forever or something. Anyway, the IANA file is pretty mondo, so I'm a little worried that this is a bit of overkill.
I started that while poking around in the FreeBSD /etc sources, which I'm doing in preparation for the Big FreeBSD Library Merge (TM) which I hope will start real soon. The goal there is to finally sync up Darwin's BSD libraries to more current code, and set it up so we have an easy way to keep that up.
I met Rohit Khare just recently. Ever since ApacheCon, I've noticed that a sizeable number of the people I know know Rohit, and while we probably crossed paths a while ago, I didn't. So now that's fixed, and I feel much better now.