mharo and I have gotten some more work done now. We've got a
perl script that adds an entry to CVSROOT/modules and
another perl script that adds the port to its category
I'm currently working on a remote script 'addport' which will check ports as needed and do the cvs commits as well as execute the above-named scripts to add the ports to the ports tree.
Hopefully, with any luck, we'll be done with this and have a fairly polished addport suite by next friday.
The next job after that will be creating a suite of tools to assist in making new ports. I wonder how we'll decide to do that in the end...