Well, today was quite hot outside. It was 71-75F until 2pm, then around 3-4
temperatures hit 81-82F. Certain body parts hated me all day while I subjected them
to punishment walking in that weather with khaki pants on. =)
Ok, seriously... I've successfully ported the tabbed Konqueror code by
firstname.lastname@example.org to KDE 3.0 for the FreeBSD packages. In fact the patch I generated
based on his commit applied flawlessly... that was really easy. Unfortunately, KDE
won't be releasing a version with this new feature until 3.1 (which is about 3
months away, correct me if I'm mistaken ;).. and that was my justification for doing
this. It's easy, it's a great feature, so why not? :)
Since I've already let 2 weeks pass... I've decided to commit the Qt/KDE 3 ports to
the FreeBSD tree tomorrow night around 8:35pm, after my last exam before finals.
Then FreeBSD will see its Qt/KDE v1 ports and everything related to them disappear.
I for one won't be missing them, especially given the Qt/KDE 3 goodies. :-)
I received a letter in the mail from Verisign. "Gee, I wonder what this is about", I
said. "They do domains and SSL certs, but I have neither business with them." So I
opened the letter and discovered that my domain name, firepipe.net, is up for
renewal. "Wow, how nice of them to spend 34c to tell me!" Next to the notice, I
see "Reply by: May 15, 2002" and below that I see "Renewal Rate: $29 annually per
domain name". WTF?? First of all, my registrar is NOT Verisign! Second of all,
May 15 is 4 full months before my domain actually expires! Third, there are more
domain name providers who can lease my domain at less than half this price!
*grumble* *crumple*crumple* *throw* *thud* Stupid marketing crap.
Joe Karthauser sent me mail telling me he'd gotten closer to fixing the DSB650TX
problem. He'd found a place in if_aue.c where some of the information relating to
the interface was passed even if it hadn't been filled in. This change went in with
whitespace changes... oops. But apparently it's still not fixed yet. :-\
I'll probably call Sun tomorrow and demand that they ship my new IDPROM same-day.