Ok, it's been almost a week since my last diary entry. Allow me to summarize that
week. First, I had a big EE 201:
Linear Circuit Analysis exam on Thursday. I spent a large portion of my week
studying for that exam. And at some point I also called Sun and managed to get a
case number for my IDPROM problem. Thing is, they still haven't gotten back to me
to sort out this issue. :\
The laptop router.. after a few days, I gave up trying to debug the USB ethernet problem. I realized on Thursday night I could install FreeBSD -stable on my formerly-Windows partition and use that to do the routing, as a stopgap for my machines' lack of internet. So I did that last night and the laptop router is happily humming away... Now I can get back to work. :-) I took the opportunity after a long hard week to play Counterstrike again. That's such a great way to get rid of stress.
Tonight I also worked on getting the various patches reported by KDE/FreeBSD 3.0 packages users. I merged a fix for kdeprint's configure.in, a fix for KDM, and a fix for the missing emptydir stuff. In a few hours we should know if these bugs are fixed for sure.
Time for sleep...