Damn ! I havent posted here for one month.
Lots of stuff have happened in the libmpeg2 since last time. I checked in the work I did on the slice decoder, basically a big restructuration of the code. Then I corrected lots of small details to make them actually comply with the standard. Then I rewrote the parsing code and we gained about 20% in decoding speed. And then MPEG1 support went in. Yummy :-)
I declared myself a lead developper. Advogato is good for your ego :-D
The next big milestones for the LiViD project will be to switch to a new API between the codecs and the output layers, and then to work on the synchronisation mechanisms. These times it seems that more people are coming to the project and trying to help. That's good. I'm trying to send detailed proposals for the output layers work, but this kind of coordination work always takes more time that you would want. It seems to be worth it though.
On the libmpeg2 side of the project, the next steps will be to implement field pictures and then the missing MC modes. The output layer work has a higher priority though, so I guess in the next days I'll not be progressing very fast on libmpeg2 proper.