Howto upgrade ]project-open[ 3.1 to vmware 3.2 version
We have a self compiled version of ]project-open[ version 3.1 running on our intranet server. Because there is no more support for this version and there is also no more any documentation about this version out there we have decided to switch to the ]project-open[ vmware 3.2 version. There are some steps required to get all data from 3.1 into the 3.2 installation.
First of all: Make a backup of your database!
- Login as admin into your 3.1 web interface and make a postges backup http://[YOUR_SERVER]/intranet/admin/backup/
- The backup data is now on your 3.1 machine under
- Download the ]project-open[ vmware image from sourceforge. Because we use virtualbox instead of vmware we mount the vmware image into our virtualbox.
- In virtualbox you have to select SCSI:1 as your harddisk interface because the vmware installation tries to mount /dev/sda1 as your root.
- after success start of the virtualbox you have to login as root (default password is root)
- Now you have to switch your runlevel to S (single user mode) with
- In this runlevel you have to restart postgres with
- Switch now from root to postgres with
su - postgres.
- Connect to the postgresql master database template1 with
- Drop the projop database
drop database projop;
- Now you can leave the postgresql shell with
- Create a new projop database
createdb projop --owner projop
- Set postgres dialect for the database
createlang plpqsql projop
- Import the tsearch2 tablees
psql projop -f /web/projop/packages/intranet-search-pg/postgresql/tsearch2.sql
- Import your backup from the 3.1 system (copy the data from your 3.1 machine first)
psql projop -f /web/projop/filesystemstorage/backup/[YOUR_BACKUP_FILE].sql
- Run the post patch
psql projop -f /web/projop/preconf/poall.post-patch.sql
- Switch back to root
- Switch back to the runlevel 5
- Restart the postgresql system
- In you web browser you should now be able to login as administator (username and password from your old 3.1 system!)
- Update all enabled packages http://[YOUR_SERVER]/acs-admin/apm/packages-install?update_only_p=1
- Select on the page all packages which should be upgraded and start the update procedure (this may take any time)
- Restart the projop web server with http://[YOUR_SERVER]/acs-admin/server-restart
I hope thats all and your system is now running with ]project-open[ 3.2.Posted in administration Tagged: project-open, update, upgrade, virtualbox, vmware