The telekom installed the TAE for the DSL line on monday.
QSC installed the DSL pipeline. It even worked ... 144kbit
The provider didn't get the hint on the IP address application (n IP address _plus_ firewall, so an additional /30 or a DSL pipe in bridge mode would have been perfect), but proxy arp is fine for this situation, so i went that way.
Changing the IP addresses of five machines was an
experience. If my customers told me that changing IP
is beyond them for some reason or couldn't be finished in
few months ... in short, i really didn't believe them. Now
Change IP addresses. Change main filter. Change DNS server address. Change multiple application and server configurations. Change multiple access lists (host.allow, tcpservers configuration). Tell the outside world about the change. Fix multiple access lists there. Fix a number of ssh configurations or authorized_keys since the reverse mapping is not working now. Detected an overly long /etc/hosts on one machine. It's quite late now.
I still have to move my brothers machine to the new address, but that can wait until he notices that something is broken.
Anyway, i'm quite happy about that. Seing that the telekom get's something right at the first time is delightful.
On the free software front not much has happened. I finished the basic design of the trouble ticket system. The only thing i left out was indexing - i'll first look at which kind of queries will be needed and then decide how to do that. Actually, this thing begins to interest me, and so the coding was quite easy (still unfinished).