Still trying to get Eclipse to work with gcj and/or gij. This is a slow process. libgcj has some bugs, and some missing features, and unfortunately Eclipse seems to touch them all. I do think I've finally run into a bug in Eclipse and not libgcj, though it is still too soon to tell.
Eclipse is still a weird parallel universe. They do everything backwards and then explain why. For instance, builds don't stop when they hit an error. They just keep going, and the build exits with status 0. This is explained as "we have too many plugins to stop if one gets an error". Ok. So, you write a script to work around the problem...
Alexandre is releasing the new automake today. I haven't worked on my new build tool in more than a week now. Bummer. I'll start again once Ben gets the subversion server set up.
Last week I did start the C tool factory. I also wrote a couple new variable types. So now the CC variable is used to find the C compiler, and then the tool factory instantiates the correct tool (currently only gcc exists). So, the prototype has already eliminated the need for depcomp.
My second class started last week. It turns out that the first class didn't cover enough material. So now I'm behind.