rasmus, I've been trying to fix the
problem since Thursday (January 10, 2002). And (when I
tried upgrading it) I did see the httpd.conf.rpmnew file;
and used it (and then edited it). But the problem
persisted, even after I tried
various suggestions, that I got from my fellow VanLUG members.
If I were using the server for only my own personal stuff, I
probably would have continued to try and fix it... until I
finally got it working. (Let me say it again, I really like
Red Hat Linux, and have been using it for a long time.)
The thing is that I have (commercial) projects to complete
and deadlines to meet. And I need a system that works.
(And Mandrake worked.)
One thing though. I really like the way Mandrake
organizes its config files for Apache. I like it alot
better than the way Red Hat does it.
(Advodato really needs a better way to talk to
other members, and to reply to diary entries.)