Well, some typos in the entries below... but I've made a decision to never edit them since otherwise it's not really a diary.
The line breaking problem is getting there... all we need is a normal line breaking algorithm applied iteratively (to determine the starting line). There are some situations in which there is no right answer (if starting later makes the largest line come earlier or some other oddball case) but then we just choose a close one.
Going for an actual vacation on the weekend, the first real rest in a long time (aside from recuperating from flus which don't really count because I started coding the moment I felt up to it). But otherwise, the things to do now are the integration of the linebreaking with the VStream rendering (which must become paragraph-oriented) and we're on our way to cool stuff.
Too bad I won't get to make it work until next week at the earliest. That's the trouble with vacations.