I'm wondering if a link to perlmonks will work here: perl monks. Now if I could find a python monks site, I'd be set...
Disturbing happenings at OSDN (sourceforge and freshmeat) are making me antsy.
My fondness for Jabber is continuing to grow. It's really smart in subtle ways. I think it makes a good general purpose monitor for events happening everywhere. If any shell script could report a message to a jabber channel for me across the whole network, then managing a lot of machines proactively would be much easier. Sort of personalized syslog... Problems are issues around unicode and internationalization, and embedding XML messages for supporting JAM (jabber as a middle-layer).
Things missing or things which I long to find a better version of:
- Ad manager for web sites.
- Wiki web (using MoinMoin WikiWeb in python)
- Web email system based on imap/pop for vanity accounts (check.com)
- Map to web integration (mapit looks good)
- Web based list manager (majordomo, gnu mailman okay)
- XML diff