Not going to get much of anything done for the next couple of weeks as I'm trying to finish the assignment for the Canadian Securities Course. Waited way to long to get started and now I've only got three weeks to finish it...
Slowly getting started on the conformance testing, updated
results can be found here.
Not really surprised, but FreeWRL is much slower than OpenVRML when parsing larger worlds. ~3M PixelTexture world took more than 5 minutes to load in FreeWRL compared to less than a minute in OpenVRML. FreeWRL does have some pretty cool features though...
Work is a little crazy right now so I've been unable to
devote much time working on OpenVRML lately.
With what little time I've had, I've been finishing up the JSAI code and trying to get us passing the conformance tests. Having some problems with SFNode right now but the rest of the SF* fields should work now.
I've also started running the NIST VTS against each of the open-source VRML browsers. I'll post a URL when I get a chance to put the page up. Initially I plan on concentrating on re-testing OpenVRML and testing FreeWRL (and possibly Tidarque)
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!