I do not have Apprentice status, so I'll post this here...
Reaction to Organizational Announcements on CMM and Six Sigma
After the initial from handwaving and the brandishing of buzzwords, I see the following:
- Software is not Hardware.
- What are your inputs?
- What are your outputs?
- Is there a linear correspondence between input and output?
- How do you define a quality baseline?
- What measurements are used to define Software quality?
- Is there a range of tolerances?
- Are there upper or lower limits?
- How do you define defect?
- Are all anomalies defects?
- How do you map defects to process?
- How do you count defects in Software?
- Is the Software process truly repeatable?
There seems to be an unhealthy lack of skepticism around these things.