12 Feb 2001 suso   » (Journeyer)

Getting late (listening to hIQ)
AeroMail

Well after a lot of work, I've done it. My changes to AeroMail are finished. In addition to the changes mentioned in my Feb 6th posting, I have made the following:

  • Textarea now wraps at 72 columns by default and is user definable. (thanks Chris)
  • Theme and Language display names are defined at the top of their respective files by the following format: //LanguageName: English or //ThemeName: Red
  • Date string for each message can now be configured to come from the header or the Date recieved from the IMAP server.
  • Date can be configured to different formats.
  • Forwarded messages are no longer quoted.
  • Bugfix: Index From: display will now check to see if personal is blank. If it is, it will set it to the e-mail address.
  • Titles on pages now are formated like this Program name - Folder or Action - # of messages, etc.
  • Added themes: red, blue and yellow.
  • Changed folders page to use the COLOR_ROW_ON, COLOR_ROW_OFF variables to alternate the color of the rows.
  • Bugfix: Fixed Personal name display problem on foreign character sets by using the e-mail address as the display name instead. I don't know of a better way to fix this one.
  • Bugfix: Missing newlines at the end of most of the files.
  • Fixed image attachment display so that it doesn't display the uuencoded text. This needs work though.
  • Composed messages now have a Message-ID: header line.
  • Replies to messages now add to the References: line or create it if there isn't one already.
  • Personal Name is added in the From: line along with the address.
  • Removed L_REFRESH_BTN translation in Hungarian language file because it's not referenced by anything.
  • Added option to options screen to let the user define their From line.
  • Made the MySQL options bit a configurable feature so that people who don't want to use a MySQL database for user options don't have to.
  • Appropriate changes made for languages.

So I've tarred up my new source tree and made a patch file against the aeromail 1.40 source code. I notified Mark Cushing with this info so that he can decide whether he is going to implement them in the next version or what. I'm going to give him a few days to respond before sending the patch to the AeroMail mailing list. I still haven't heard back from Mark on the e-mail I sent him a week ago.

WOW! It's 2:30am and I'm the stick tommorow morning.. Zzzzzzz.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!