I've added some cool stuff to the recent-files code. alex has converted nautilus to use the icon theme spec, and has also written some code that lets you get the properly themed nautilus icon for a given mime type. This kicks ass, since now I am able to have icons in the recently-used menus. I have to wait to commit this, though, since there is a pending GEP to get Alex's code moved into libgnomeui (sigh). Also, I've moved a bunch of stuff from eel-vfs-extensions into gnome-vfs, so now I'm able to use all the nifty string URI manipulation functions to (hopefully) fix the nasty UTF-8/unescaping issues I was having.