Unfortunately the GUI version of BT segfaults on Gentoo (it was a masked ebuild so I'm not dissappointed) but the headless downloader still works:
saving: mandrake9.1 (1950.3 MB) percent done: 53.5 time left: 5 hour 19 min 18 sec download to: /home/sjanes/Shared/mandrake9.1 download rate: 92.5 kB/s upload rate: 91.0 kB/s
I started this download from my W2K Laptop, let it run all night and it choked down about 49% of the ISO's. This morning I moved it to my Linux machine and was happy to see that the interim formats were platform independent, and resumed at my faster T1 connection at work.
The only annoying part is the slow startup of BT when resuming, because it needs to scan the entire download to know how much is downloaded.
Some time later... we have completion:
saving: mandrake9.1 (1950.3 MB) percent done: 100 time left: Download Succeeded! download to: /home/sjanes/Shared/mandrake9.1 download rate: upload rate: 142.2 kB/s
BT is truly some amazing work that needs to be integrated into Squid somehow. :)