I believe this entry should be concatenated to the previous one , but since I posted the latter yesterday's evening, I'd like to keep them separated.
I took a course by that name this semester. I missed many lessons because I had EE-Lab 2 experiments and my notebook is in quite disorder due to my hand-writing. Luckily, I bought the Open University's booklets on the subject, and after the SICP test, I went over them while solving most of the exercises there.
It is possible that the lecturer deviated a bit from what was presented in these booklets, because they were not the only recommended material for the course. (and are not considered the most definite resource on the subject).
Game Theory is actually quite an interesting subject, but during a lecture I kept having the feeling of "been there, seen that.". What I mean is that the material kept sounding pretty much the same. Going over the booklets was quite enlightening, though.
In any case, the important thing is that I enjoyed the course. It is not a critical course for me to take, so even if I fail the test (and the second date one), nothing terrible will happen.
A gvim Problem
I seem to have another gvim problem, after I upgraded to gvim 6.0. I already solved the crummy fonts one (refer to the Linux-IL archives) by eliminating the guifontset variable that got in my way. Now, however, it seems that I have to copy or cut a variable twice to put it in the clipboard for the first time I'd like to copy something there. Copying or cutting once does not seem to do the trick. Refer to this post.
Nobody could answer so it is possible it is something that is only encountered at my machine from some unknown reason. Maybe I should consult the Vim mailing list about it.
When the editor does not work properly, a developer's life is not really complete. Perhaps I can add a line to copy a buffer to the clipboard once on startup as a kludge. But then I'd like to restore the information stored there, so it won't be destroyed. I need help...
Vim Hanoi Towers Implementation
Refer to here for the code. This is more like a doctorate work in Vi macros programming as I:
- Did not use the Vim's scripting language (only map and friends).
- Implemented the recursive algorithm
The problem I'm facing now is that the number of disks is hard-coded into the program and will take some time to abstract. But I have better things to do with my time, for the moment.