No hack yesterday. Released 0-0-2-rc4.
Have a day off today. I should dedicate it to paper work. I have to deal with a couple administrative thinks. I also have to prepare some stuffs related to the FSF stand for the NEXT RMS speech in Paris.... hhmmh busy day.
Did some good hacks this night. Closed two bugs. 0-0-2-rc4 is coming soon.
Have to go to bed now.
hacked a bit on mlview this morning before going to work. I am writing code to fix bugs for the 0-0-2-rc4 release.
No hack yesterday. I was too tired. I 've just slept. Yesterday was definetely a non productive day for me :(
Went forward in writting MlView internals. I am using exclusively mlview to edit the docbook xml document. I use intensively the element name completion feature. This feature is definetely key because:
Something also usefull is that i can just switch validation off and edit the document wihtout taking the dtd in account... no stalinism there.
Started to write down a doc about mlview internals. It is on the cvs.
It appears that mlview seriously needs a new type of view to edit dtds. That would allow the users to define new entities such as parameter entities that are very usefull when you write big documents.
hmmmhm, i think it will take some other two or three months of coding. Yeah, normally, it shouldn't take that long but unfortunately i write mlview during my spare time ... and i am getting to the conclusion that their are only 24 hours in a day... i know ... that is hard to admit some time.
Their are other numerous things that mlview lacks and that would seriously ease xml document edition. I should write these things in an other doc somewhere.
Spent two days of intensive debugging of mlview. Released 0-0-2-rc3. This release is more stable than the 0-0-2-rc2. Still buggy.
I have now to go forward in the mlview internals documentation writting using mlview itself with validation set to on. It definitely appears to be a serious testbed.
Damn, started to test mlview a bit this morning before going to work... the "automatic-subtree-adding" feature is still buggy.
I think i know what is going wrong : when I walk thru the xmlElementContent tree of each dtd element declaration, i have to take in account the 'type' field of the xmlElementContent structure and not only the 'ocur' field. Whether de xmlElementContent is a 'SEQ' or a 'OR' declaration _must_ be taken in account... hmmhh, interesting.
Hacked a bit this night. Seems like i've fixed the nasty infinite loop bug of the mlview_parsing_utils_build_required_children_tree () function. Still have to test it.
hmmmh, i think i will start to write a doc about mlview internals using the docbook xml dtd ... with mlview. That will be a good testbed for the new features i've added so far.
It's time to go to bed now.
seek and tired. Did not have the time to hack this week end. The battery of my laptop is dead. I have 0 min of autonomy.
I've configured my desktop pc to have read/write access to subversion on savannah.
I've just seen that the function mlview_parsing_utils_build_required_children_tree () is bugged. It can loop infinitely ... damn. I have to have a deeper look at the validation api of libxml ...
This week end was definetely _not_ hacking prone.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!