After so many hours spent on fixing elmo, I was so tired that I had to leave it for some time, and do something else. After playing with other projects I got back to elmo today.
I decided not to rewrite pop3 support. I will fix it, and one day I will add imap support.
I have already commited few changes. These are all minor fixes: one segfault, one improvement in box_selection (it now caches box sizes), and few other things I have done earlier but had no time to commit them.
Now I'm working on gpg support! Trying to run gpg was a bad idea. I have found gpgme library, and it seems pretty nice. If what they write in the documentation is true, then I will have not much work. Now I'm going to play around with the library. Unfortunately it lacks some simple examples.