18 Mar 2002 rjp   » (Journeyer)

dilemma: job offer is hanging there, waiting for me to take it. startup is 3 - 6 months out. if i take job offer and they have a problem with me leaving in ~3 months (which is reasonable for them), i can't go be a founder. i like them at [job offering company]. they are nice, and the work would be nice. the commonly held notion is that salaries in santa barbara are 10 - 15% lower than up here in the valley; and while that seems to be the case, i'm still coming out okay. so that's great too . . .

regardless, santa barbara is now firmly on the horizon. next week: house-hunting trip. shit, where do i host my sites while we get moved in and wait for cable/dsl? hmmmm.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!