Since my last diary entry, I got the Abra example to work with PostgreSql. I just had to install PostgreSql 7.1. The earlier version had bugs in the JDBC driver.
In other news I started a new job today. It's still Java, at a larger company and I'm stepping into the middle of the project. I'll have to adapt to somewhat different environment (like Windows 2000 on my desk) and more corporate rules - as this is a somewhat larger company. However, everything is still in early stages, so I should be able to work Linux into the picture somewhere. After all the production system will run on bunch of Sun machines.