7 Jan 2002 remle   » (Journeyer)

I'm moving on up!

Been a while since I've posted. Basically I've been optimizing the code. I've replaced several write() calls with writev, trying to minimize system calls as much as possible. I'm now starting on better RFC conformance. For example I must accept postmaster without a domain for a recipient. Also been thinking of how to get managment to let me opensource the code.

I signed up to a bunch of yahoo lists to see how the MTA is. So far no memory leaks. I've had a few timeouts, so I now change the process title for each SMTP phase, much like sendmail does. I also had 60k messages sent to it, and it handled them in under an hour (~16/sec) with 50 children. Thing is most of the children were idle. 4 machines running sendmail fed it. I was expecting the machine to be overloaded, but it didn't even burp. The test machine is an old ibm pentium II 350MHz with 256MB ram.

Latest blog entries     Older blog entries

New Advogato Features

New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.

Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.

If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!