First time I had to do percussive maintenance. My unused hppa workstation hard drive made weird sounds. Eventually I decided that the disk wasn't turning and the odd sounds came from the drive head and/or some kind of recovery procedure. Hammer→bearing and all seems well again. It's not an important disk and merely holds an experimenting system, so I'm not too worried about its state. Also came across Tor.
More scheme code at work and home. Much fun. Except that I got Guile to segfault using mailutils libraries. Seems that if I explicitly close a mailbox, the interpreter eventually segfaults. In a thread. From gc. With no debug symbols. I figured out how to build a -dbg deb and traced a bit more and then just removed the closes and so far the thing works. It should be no problem if I don't close the boxes while running a batch job. I'm almost itching to try something with the bigloo object system and C bindings and perhaps libdbi.