Zero work on FOSS today. Had automotive alternator anguish just a day before New Year's and that ate up most of my time on the run up to New Year's Eve.
No word from G. The wait is killing me. I'm expecting a rejection anyway since I think that I bombed out during the technical phone screen.
My outlook this year regarding my work on FOSS since I've decided to keep my FOSS posts here on advogato:
- Continue work on d-i tl. Keeping on top of this is fun.
- Start getting the bulk of gnome-tl in shape. It's a long way to go.
- work on wwwtl.gnu.org
- Find other things to package for debian
- promote i18n/l10n/a11y work in the Philippines
My work on Debian gets into Ubuntu somehow, so my focus is there instead of on Ubuntu per se. I do take some time to log into launchpad and fix a couple of translation files here and there when I have time. Of course, it would be great if there were more people involved in this. If you are interested in doing Tagalog translation work for Free/Open Source Software, join our mailing list at debian-tl. It isn't strictly a Debian mailing list anymore, nor is it strictly for Tagalog translation, the scope has expanded to any Philippine language, so please join us if you're interested in translating F/OSS to a Philippine language.
My wishlist of FOSS related stuff for this year:
- More technical books (like I don't have enough of them already)
- maybe a new 'puter that I actually own since the one I'm currently using isn't really mine (UPM legally owns it, I merely possess the object),
- if not a new 'puter, maybe a new hard disk