Well had housewarming this weekend which took up lots of my time - but was very worth while. Lots of people I hadn't seen for a while.
I've made a start on rpm.spec for rpm-python, it'll be the first rpm-python component I've done from scratch but I'm fairly happy with how it's going. I've also experimented with wrapping the rpm extension under a python module to make it easier to merge some helper functions.
My rpmdb went a bit foo'ey so I took the opportunity to play some more with skvidal's rpmUtils module in order to fix it. Only real annoyance was not being able to access some useful functions in rpmUtils.updates as they are part of the class. Probably me being lazy though.