Broaden the scope:
- Have another look at layout in FOP HEAD.
- Check for some bug fixes in the maintenance branch
The interesting stuff
- Take another stab to get the XInclude processor into XML commons. It wouldn't hurt to make an XNI wrapper and perhaps a real Xerces plugin configuration. This requires some more XNI study, I guess. Lift some code from the Cocoon XIncluder. Target: 2003-8
- Get some work done on a validation SAX filter.
- Make the Spell checker a sourceforge project. Ask people for lexicon contributions
- Initial upmark of the lexicon
- Build the lexicon management application
- Get the Eclipse spell checking plugin ready: Target: 2003-6
- Get the POS classification into the dictionary
- Add hyphenation
- Port patgen.web to Java+Unicode
- Streamline the FOP hyphenator and factor out some code to be used from elsewhere. Ask whether Jakarta Commons would house a text utility module.
- Get the word parser ready for production. Add to the spell checker. Target: 2003-7
- Take another look at NL parsers. Target: much later