FLOSS Activities January 2017
- gitk: colour of remote refs
- https-everywhere: Update Debian rules
- check-all-the-things: release, security fix, reset terminal modes, allow running removed checkers, regression fix (quote fix), TODO items (for deep-text-corrector, sblint, decopy, Coala Bear & dangerous Python checks)
- devscripts: fix grep-excuses warning
- autorevision: build correctness, tarball reproducibility (due to gzip & AUTHORS.txt)
- whowatch: parameter correctness (for NULL, int), spelling/grammar/typos, https, remove dead links & restore terminal status on exit
- spelling dictionaries:
- codespell: recod, undefuned, normaly, uner, buid, stength, privide, decstiption(s), revrese, lightweigh, multible, asbtraction, resulution, meatadata, seriuos, transalte, interractive, timestan, partiton, databas, claculate, patern, substiution, freee, operatation(s), ambigous, clasified, coypright, previlege, gental, bacup & detction
- lintian: recod, undefuned, uner, buid, stength, privide, dimentional, decstiption(s), revrese, lightweigh, asbtraction, resulution, FTBS, meatadata, seriuos, transalte, interractive, timestan, partiton, databas, claculate, patern, substiution, freee, operatation(s), previlege, gental, bacup & detction
- Debian timeline: latest bug milestones
- Debian bits: FOSDEM draft fixes
- Planet Debian derivatives: add Netrunner & update BlankOn logo
- Debian buildd website: plain text logs (1 2 3)
- Debian uscan multi-redirector: add github package.json/cmake checker & remove gitorious
- Debian packages website: update manual pages patch to use https, merge patches (1 2)
- Debian website: fix security Makefiles for DLAs (for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014), derivatives (wording/formatting fixes 1, 2), build by default), link fixes (for CD brokenness, stability, gitweb to cgit)
- Debian wiki pages: AlejandroRios, ChrootOnAndroid, CopyrightReviewTools, CrossCompiling, CrossGrading, DebianBootstrap, DebianDay, (2017), DebianEvents (Asia, oc) DebianScience, DebianWiki/Browsing, dedup.debian.net, Derivatives/Census (AstraLinux, BlankOn, Netrunner, SalentOS, SerbianLinux, Symbiosis, Template), EmbeddedCodeCopies, ExternalEntities, Fonts, fr/GraphicsCard, fr/Intel HD Graphics, FrontPage, gobby.debian.org, HP/ProLiant, Ideas, InstallingDebianOn, TurrisOmnia (1 2), InterWikiMap, josch/notes, LVM, Merchandise/BoFDebConf10, Mobile (1 2), NewArchiveSections, PaulWise/InterestingSoftware, PortTemplate, ppc64el, PressCoverage2017, PressCoverage, redmine, ReproducibleBuilds/History, Services/Debian Packages, SponsorChecklist, Sprints (2017/DebianMed2017 (1 2)), SystemBuildTools, systemd, Teams/Dpkg/FAQ, ThisWeekInDebian, WhyDebian, Year
- File Formats wiki pages: ACE, File_identification_software, File_command
- Debian package uploads: autorevision 1.20-1, check-all-the-things 2017.01.15 & openchange 1:2.2-6+deb8u1
- Security migration for check-all-the-things
- GPL violations due to embedded copies of Liberation Fonts in emscripten, freedink, gargoyle-free, gcstar, manaplus, minetest, pcs & zygrib
- Outdated embedded unicode-data copies in boost1.62 & boost1.63
- Crash in liferea
- Regression in coreutils date
- Missing conffile removal in dnssec-trigger & xtightvncviewer
- gitorious redirector usage in fgrun & spectacle
- Annoying issues in hexchat autorejoin, totem & a podcast & gdb messages
- Cosmetic issues in parcimonie menu, gitk colours & aptitude debtags
- Features in duck, apt-file, needrestart, packages.debian.org & aptitude
- An already implemented feature in needrestart
- Spam: report spam in 6 Debian bugs, 132 Debian mails and one LWN comment
- Patches: point out extraneous whitespace changes in a codespell PR
- Debian packages: reviewed and sponsored fsprotect 1.0.7
- Debian wiki: RecentChanges for the month, feedback on InstallDebianWithoutLiveCD article
- Debian screenshots:
- Approved screenshots of ngraph-gtk lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings kalgebra qtile patat toilet sagemath (2) w3c-markup-validator pentobi pentobi-kde-thumbnailer zygrib (2) sauerbraten kmail aiscm (5) codeblocks lxqt libreoffice-help-es inkscape synaptic thunar gimp midori filezilla libreoffice pluma qupzilla gnome-2048 simplescreenrecorder gerbv keepassx gcstar confclerk onionshare blockout2 subuser dosbox zsnes dosemu lmarbles klickety geda-gattrib katomic kiki-the-nano-bot freedm frogatto (2)
- Approved removal of screenshots: seaview screenshot contained advertising, mupen64plus/mupen64plus-audio-all were weird screenshots with multiple OS windows overlaid & mkgmap was a screenshot of the OSM wiki instead of the software
- Rejected screenshots: gccgo looked like a Thai mobile phone screenshot, python-stem was a screenshot for OPENDIME USB, seaview was downloaded from elsewhere and not an authentic screenshot & fbreader contained non-free ebook contents
- Debian: reboot 1 non-responsive VM, redirect 2 users to support channels, redirect 1 contributor to xkb upstream, redirect 1 potential contributor, redirect 1 bug reporter to mirror team, ping 7 folks about restarting processes with upgraded libs, manually restart the sectracker process due to upgraded libs, restart the package tracker process due to upgraded libs, investigate failures connecting to the XMPP service, investigate /dev/shm issue on abel.d.o, clean up after rename of the fedmsg group.
- Debian mentors: lintian/security updates & reboot
- Debian packages: deploy 2 contributions to the live server
- Debian wiki: unblacklist 1 IP address, whitelist 10 email addresses, disable 18 accounts with bouncing email, update email for 2 accounts with bouncing email, reported 1 Debian member as MIA, redirect 1 user to support channels, add 4 domains to the whitelist.
- Reproducible builds: rescheduled Debian pyxplot:amd64/unstable for themill.
- Openmoko: security updates & reboots.
- Send the annual activity ping mail.
- Happy new year messages on IRC, forward to the list.
- Note that SerbianLinux does not provide source packages.
- Expand URL shortener on SerbianLinux page.
- Invite PelicanHPC, Netrunner, DietPi, Hamara Linux (on IRC), BitKey to the census.
- Add research publications link to the census template
- Fix Symbiosis sources.list
- Enquired about SalentOS downtime
- Fixed and removed some 404 BlankOn links (blog, English homepage)
- Fixed changes to AstraLinux sources.list
- Welcome Netrunner to the census
The openchange 1:2.2-6+deb8u1 upload was sponsored by my employer. All other work was done on a volunteer basis.