mmmmmmm ... ADSL install successful ... bandwidth shall be mine ... muhahahahahaha <cough cough> ... btw I'm ill with the evils of hay fever induced throat and nose groz ... blehsmoothwall
On a related note, I finally switched from SmoothWall 0.9.9- lada (the public beta) to 0.9.9-final - it only took me nigh on a month. It was just too bloody stable! But I thought, I need to shove a USB card in, so time for a rebuild. 0.9.9 install took about 20 mins plus another 10 mins huckling cards in and playing with CD-ROM cables. Once BT had finished the install (I passed the whooooosh test at about 23-24dB), I used win2k to check the line was OK, and registered with FreeServe. Once done, I moved the frog over to the Smoothie box, and rebooted (I'd prefilled the PPPoA profile ...). Lo and behold, it worked first off :) Sorted! Totally impressed. And I'm on the dev team for [insert deity]'s sake! Well impressed.