Been spending far too long dealing with Qt problems and weirdness in the LyX Qt port. Here's a random selection of some of the bugs I've been dealing with :
- WType_Modal is being ignored for QListBox (and you have to derive - setWFlags() is protected)
- For some reason Qt is adding lots of blank entries to the QListBox for no reason
- There is no simple way to handle single-click QListBox style widgets
- QWidgetStack is not performing geometry management vertically at all
- QListBox geometry management is broken
- QDialogs cannot be WDestructiveClose (fixed in 3.0.5)
- QTextViews in tabs do not manage their natural geometry properly.
- QMenuBar::activated() isn't working in Qt 3
- There is no way to get server DPI without having a widget/QPaintDevice
- The menu stuff uses an undocumented internal class in its API
- Qt's keyboard handling is seriously awkward
- QAction cannot handle sequences (fixed in 3.1beta)
- You cannot distinguish between Qt::Key_A and Qt::Key_a (but can with Agrave vs. agrave)
- image rotation clips wrongly and fills with white instead of transparent pixels
- image handling makes dealing with b/w vs. colour etc. very awkward
- Qt provides no way to integrate select() handling
- Removing all items from a menubar incurs updates even with setUpdatesEnabled(false)
I could go on. It's starting to prove a serious hindrance. My hope that moving away from xforms would reduce the time spent dealing with toolkit b0rkenness is looking a bit silly now. Add onto this all the annoying but ultimately not too painful bogosities of moc and it's making me weep.
I really need somebody with real Qt battle scars to help out with this. Kalle, come back ! All is forgiven (or forsaken).