Free Java @ FOSDEM 2011 – CFP extended to 17 December!
We already have some awesome proposals… but we want MORE!
So we’re giving you a little more time to get those talk proposals in.
We have reserved some slots for quick lightning talks (5 min), these can be done spontaneously at the event, but please do let us know if you are attending and will likely want to do one, even if you are not 100% sure yet. That way we can better schedule the time slots.
If you don’t want to give a talk, but want to support speakers attending the Free Java devroom at FOSDEM 2011, please see our sponsoring campaign: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14110
Original announcement with adjusted dates follows:
Join us at FOSDEM 2011 to be a part of our sessions where we’ll discuss the state of Free Java!
Our theme is “Java Sans Frontières”
- Why Free Java technology is awesome
- Standing on the Shoulders of Free Java
- The future of Free Java
The Call For Participation is OPEN NOW, but closes on 17th December…
So send in a talk proposal today and join us in Brussels 5-6 February!
- Engage in scintillating discussions with smart hackers over world famous Belgian Beer
- Join the Web of Trust by getting your strong new key signed
- Indulge in exquisite chocolate
- Visit historic Brussels within walking distance
Why the Free Java DevJam?
- This is the most significant non-commercial, neutral environment for Java developers to meet
- Learn how to get involved in technical Free Java projects
- We will not shy away from politics (especially this year)!
- We will get together for an awesome Dinner
- You will meet historic hackers in the evolution of Free Java
Please join the firstname.lastname@example.org list for general discussion about the event.
To submit a formal Talk Proposal follow the guidelines at
Syndicated 2010-12-09 22:31:29 from Mark J. Wielaard