I made dinner tonight for roommates Steph and Nick, and guests Mark and other Nick. The menu:
- A chardonnay/sauvignon blanc blend wine
- Carrot risotto with leeks and shallots
- Asparagus with chantarelle and porcini mushroom sauce
- For desert, gorgonzola and champagne grapes drizzled with honey
- An after dinner drink of grappa for those who wanted it
It all came off pretty well, particularly considering that I'd never made risotto before.
In other news, I've been hacking on bonobo-activation, gnome-vfs and nautilus a bunch lately. It's pretty fun. GNOME is much more fun to work on without having any personal corporate baggage associated with it.