New OpenQabal Release Coming SoonThe last month has been an interesting time for OpenQabal. Thanks to my previous employer graciously laying me off from my job about 5 weeks ago, I've had the opportunity to spend most of the last month essentially working on OpenQabal full-time. A lot of progress has been made, and I anticipate making a formal 0.0.3 release soon, probably within the next week. Some of the changes that will appear (this does not, btw, map exactly to the previous road-map. As they say, "planning is essential, but a plan is useless.")
- New, more modular build system using Ivy for dependency management and incorporating useful tools such as FindBugs, JDepend, PMD, TestNG, Cobertura, etc.
- New "User Dashboard" component that provides the main point of entry and ties the various components together visually
- Concordantly with the introduction of the new User Dashboard, all of the old Sitemesh stuff has been ripped out
- New configure and install scripts to automate most of the tedious parts of building and installing OpenQabal
- Addition of many unit tests (we still don't have 100% test coverage, but progress has been made)
- Various minor bug fixes and tweaks
- Probably some other stuff I'm forgetting