15 Oct 2001
(updated 15 Oct 2001 at 06:01 UTC) »
Ah, the first post to a diary.
Life is good, school has started and I'm still
about 20 hours a week. Good news is that I get to work on
GPL stuff at work. Currently, I'm writing another
ASP xmlrpc client/server based off of GPL code from David
The main difference in my version of the xmlrpc client is
that you have some sense of error handling contained only
within a <methodResponse>. And my interface is a
blend of the perl Frontier::Client client I've used before
php xmlrpc client, and the python implementation of
xmlrpc. So, the
amalgomation is uh, interesting. I think the fundamental
reason for my rewriting portions of their code is
that I don't trust ASP(vbscript) to use the
correct "type" for a variable. I've seen a few places
where the string "3" is an int and it really shouldn't be.
So, I've built up a layer of xmlrpc object type things
which handle the conversion explictly.
A sample session using the interface.
<-- import xmlrpc-lib somehow -->
client = rpclib.client()
mc = rpclib.methodcall('url','function',
mc.addParameter([vbscript variable or xmlrpc.value
mr = client.send(mc)
if mr.faultCode() <> 0 then
// error condition
value = mr.value()
Notice that you can use the rpclib.<scalar>()
create the xmlrpc entities. So, you can build up the data
structures explicitly this way, if you want to, or you can
trust it to work by passing in the vbscript datastructure
which maps dicts -> structs, array -> array, int -
etc. . . to their rpc values.
Yup, so thats what I did last thursday. Also, I'm working
on the http://phpunit.sourcef
orge.net I've been using PHP's output buffering to
make phpunit unitest itself. Also, I'm working on
documenting how you implement phpunit testing in a project,
this based off what I'm doing at work, so we'll see how
I think thats a good post, time to start studying for
school... oh joy.