Yay. We have our first place back. For now. Things are changing rapidly.
Malcolm: sv@CHEF is actually completely valid.
Ok, first update this year. That Portuguese translator is really driving me nuts. He stole our first place! ;-)
Almost a year since the last update. What has happened? A lot... The Swedish translations in GNOME 2.0 have been 100% ever since GNOME 2.0 was released (apart from when the occasional unannounced string breakages happen... *grin*). Currently I'm struggling with the GNOME 2.2 translations. I've got a lot of help from a new Swedish translator, Janne, recently, who now maintains the GIMP-Plugins and Gnumeric translations.
I have been appointed as a GNOME Translation Project contact person together with kmaraas, so probably means a lot more responsibility in bringing developers and translators of GNOME together and aid communication and so on, I would guess.
In the summer of 2002, I did my master thesis work. The report is in Swedish though. I and Lina (who I did the thesis work with) had some disagreements on how to present our work. We arrived at a compromise -- I managed to get through to write our report in LaTeX instead of Word, and she managed to get through that we should write it in Swedish instead of English. In retrospect, our professor was somewhat disappointed, since the final results of our work was interesting, but the report being in Swedish made sharing those results difficult. In any case, we succeeded with our work, and I'm a happy camper now. If I only could get finished with the other parts of my studies (those I need before I have my exam), life would be perfect...
Long time since the last entry. The Swedish Gnumeric translation is now complete. Horray!
An even even longer time since the last update.
According to the new unofficial (and working) GNOME translation status page, sv now has 96% translated messages. Am I happy? Yes. Can it be improved even further. Yes.
What has happened since my last update? I'm now the translation coordinator for the Swedish team (sv) in the GNOME Translation Project. I met a lot of nice people at GUADEC. I will start work this summer tomorrow, but I hope to be able to still update lots of translations on my spare time. Am I boring that way? Yes. :-)
An even longer time since the last update.
We now have 87% or 88% translation status for the Swedish
team. My goal is of course well above 90%. Let's see if we
Currently, there are other big, none-GNOME, translations that also require attention =(. So lets see what happens. Also, I have to pass some exams. Heh.
I believe I have contributed to all modules on the GNOME translation status page now, except for maybe two or three of them, so there's no point in listing them here.
No progress on the Sourceforge i18n. Even snails moves faster than Sourceforge, it seems.
I've found two new pet projects: Nautilus, the new upcoming GNOME file manager, and Galeon, a GNOME web browser based on Mozilla. Both teams' developers are really nice people, and I try to contribute to those projects as much as I can.
Wow, a long time since the latest update.
We (the Swedish team) reached 79% in translation status this week, and even got ourselves mentioned in the online edition (as far as I know) of the only Linux magazine in Swedish. But, of course, news turn old really fast. The day after, we were at 81% ;-)
I don't know if I should keep my habit of mentioning the translations I've fiddled with since my latest diary entry... but I'll do it this time: dia, evolution, gal, garp, gedit, gernel, gfax, gnapster, gnome-chess, gnome-db, gnome-iconedit, gnome-lokkit, gnome-vfs, gnomeicu, guppi3, gxsnmp, helix-install, helix-setup-tools, libgda, libgimp, memprof, pan, sodipodi and xpdf.
This week I kept updating achtung, balsa, bonobo, galeon, gimp, gnome-core, gnome-games, gnome-print, gnop, gnorpm, gphoto, gtkhtml, gtranslator, mc, nautilus and oaf. Most of them were updates to bring them to 100% but several of them were completely new translations too (I actually can't remember which of them were which).
Oh yes, and we did reach the 75% level with sv this week. Swedish is now a fully supported GNOME language :-)
Weeeha... translating all that I can this weekend. Brought the swedish Nautilus translation from 40% to 100% (~500 messages), and updated control-center, eog, gtm and galeon, and currently working on gconf.
Good: I'll be doing a lot more GNOME translations in the future. I've already done small stuff like Firestarter, rp3 and gnome-find the last few days, and I plan to do at least some complete translations a week.
New HTML Parser: The long-awaited libxml2 based HTML parser code is live. It needs further work but already handles most markup better than the original parser.
Keep up with the latest Advogato features by reading the Advogato status blog.
If you're a C programmer with some spare time, take a look at the mod_virgule project page and help us with one of the tasks on the ToDo list!