Today is paradox day. (Oh look, I mean yesterday. Again.)
The silly thing is, I don't know how to explain why.
Things that brought me to this conclusion,
- I think I can have SAUCE or TLS with my exim, but not both. I'm not sure about this yet though.
(Yes I know TLS is no substitute for end-to-end.)
- Public information is private if you can't find the thing you would have wanted to know (this is a poor way of phrasing it)
(This posting in this thread on ukcrypto.)
- Elitzur-Vaidman Bomb Testing [1993, 1997]
You've got this bomb, and you want to see whether it works. So you test it!
- Even if I want privacy of my traffic data (who I talk to, how often and how much data), I can talk to my friends with impunity provided I encrypt some of the data.
I can't talk to strangers though.
- On the camram-spam list, we're discussing another set of ways of cutting down on UCE or spam.
I've got so many mails from this I don't know where to start with them, or where to put the ideas and suggestions.
- I'm tempted to snip this text and replace with "avoided submitting drivel to diary", but that would be more pointless than not posting, so I'll just crash Netscape again and lose it instead...
This isn't paradox. This is just bedtime, slightly overdue.
Hmm, wonder what happens if you test the bomb, it would absorb the photon but doesn't, you think it's good, but then it doesn't go off anyway? So, the test only weeds out a certain type of dud.