- Dug out the cookie for my account. It's amazing, the junk I keep on my home directory(ies).
Procudure for Mozilla, Netscape, Galeon and maybe others... but not Opera:
- look in ~/.mozilla/<profile>/<junk>/cookies.txt
- find advogato.org line
- change the expiry stamp (that 10 digit number) for a newer one.
Pick a date in the future with a command such as date +%s -d "2006-08-14" or perl -e 'print time+3600*365, "\n"'
Not sure how I'll edit my diary in 2038...
- quit Moz, replace the line in your current ~/.mozilla, restart
- visit your page - if it doesn't work, check that the site you're on (either www.advogato.org or advogato.org) matches the cookie line
- beyond this, I can't help. You do have a backup, right?
Other relevant links
- I did some stuff to it. It's now less broken and very slightly more documented, but I still need to check & apply some patches before making a release. A coup for the CPAN perms is probably due soon.
- Got a new job, it's keeping me rather busy. That was a while ago - sorry I forgot to tell you earlier, but I didn't think you were particularly interested.