A-ha! Figured out the problem with the nessus port. Amongst the four packages, there are three different header files, all named "includes.h". All three are different and one gets installed. What the problem boiled down to was that the script that tried to glue the non-installed packages together was telling the packages to use the wrong includes.h. It's better now, and once I get positive reviews from my ever-growing testing group, I'll commit it. Joy!
Spent last evening (after I fixed the port) in extensive hardware swapping. Got an old P100 from work that I swapped with the P166 that was megaweapon, so I can use the P166 to track OpenBSD's current sources rather than trying to do new things against production code. I needed to put in a 3C509 card because the PRO/10 card that came with it was PnP, and I didn't feel like recompiling the kernel just to add its PnP ID. Now I notice in the dmesg that the P100 has a pretty damned good controller on it (the disks feel a heck of a lot snappier than on the P166, that's for sure). I'm trying to weigh the ability to use more RAM (the P166 has 6 SIMM slots v. the P100's 4) against the disk access. It wouldn't be such a big deal except that all my SIMMs except two are 8 MB SIMMs. 32 MB does not a good development box make nowadays. I suppose I could gut my Windoze box, bring it back down to 32 MB for now (it currently has 2 32 MB SIMMs in it, making a total of 64 MB). Choices, I tell ya.
This probably isn't diary material, but I thought I'd share with any readers who might be dropping by. lynx is a great tool for editing diary entries, wikis, anything where you have big blocks of text to author -- simply because you can take your textarea and shift it into vi (or emacs, if you're that kind of person, but then again, I suppose there's some elisp mumbojumbo that doesn't even require you to go into lynx) :-) The only problem is it seems to be invoked differently, or not work at all, depending on your platform and/or terminal. From my soon-to-be-reformatted Red Hat box, it's Ctrl-X e, but when telnetted from that box to my OpenBSD box, it's Ctrl-V e and doesn't work. :-/ I seem to recall it working at one point on the OpenBSD console but haven't been able to reproduce it since. Well, if you can get it to work, it's mind-numbingly cool. vi forever! :-)