Putting this here until I update the coldstore task list on sourceforge.
These are tasks for adding a view/filter class hierarchy for coldstore. I feel a little like we're re-writing STL's tricks with iterators. Most of the items that have the Or suffix are actually filters, not full fledge sets.
- OrSet. ObjectSet : public OrSet, adds pointer back to its real object, makes mutable.
- Object: Namespace, automatically allocates an ObjectSet. Implements parents() but not children().
- Caching<> - for Caching<OrSet>.
- Weak<> - when an object is turned into a Dead (requires VP rewriting :)), it is removed lazily by weak sets.
- InheritanceSet : public
Weak<Caching<OrSet>> - adds (limited) tree
traversing deletion propagation.
Takes an htl parameter, stops when has removed all occurances or has looked at more than htl Objects. Has a list of children, so we can implement object::children() at this point.
- ImpureInheritanceSet - adds a private set, of things that will be looked up but not inherited. ObjectSet now more or less full featured.
- mutability - Colin VP rewriting allows run time switch mutable-cow. Not strictly needed, as can just force it in ObjectSet, but... Requires implementation of transparent redirects in Slot, which means we can do POrSet, once we have the other stuff needed for it
Starting to ponder strategies for increasing general awareness for our company, in hopes to drum up more business for us. I was starting to think that writing short articles about whichever technology we're currently working on might help show that we are competent.
We're working with alot of stuff that people would think was at least somewhat interesting, and/or useful -- using XML/XSLT/ASP/JSP/Java/WebObject/etc... Posting postmortums and task strategies would help us as well. We would have a record of how we approached the problem solving aspects of a given project, and see where we have room to improve.