Yes, I'm learning some Windows tricks. Erny is my teacher and Google is my friend:
- Autocompletion in the system terminal
- Go to the Registry and assign a 9 to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Command Processor\ComletionChar . Hint: 9 is the ascii code for the tab character
- Autorunning Python programs
- What I want is that if I have the file myprogram.py in the current directory and I type "myprogram" it should execute "python myprogram.py". So add ";.py" to the env variable PATHEXT
- grep, diff, cat and some other old friends
- Yes, we all know the great cygwin project but I want something much more lightweight. Voila!