I fixed some nasty races in Apple's serial driver last night. A lot of people were panicking when they tried to use ppp on an smp machine, so I deiced to take a look at it. People seem to be pretty happy with it, and actually don't personally have an smp machine to test it, so I will have to take their word for it. There are actually links to it on www.xlr8yourmac.com, and the OS X page of www.macfixit.com.
I made my first commit into Darwin today, in BootX. It is not actually in the external repository yet (I am not sure when anoncvs.opensource.apple.com syncs itself off of cvs.opensource.apple.com). It felt cool, now I just need to see if I a got the conventions they use for tagging right ;-)