Time to update this thing again. I've been busy (jobs and university) so forgot to update this. But I didn't have much to tell anyway.
Anyway, I managed to fix a good bunch of TreeView bugs for GTK+ 2.2.3. Almost all TreeView bugs which were possible to fix in a stable release got fixed ;). The Leftovers are for GTK+ 2.4.x. But of course I managed to screw up a tiny thing, so I ended up rolling a GTK+ 2.2.4. I even fixed a menu scrolling problem when I was bored.
So right now I spend most of my free time working on GTK+ 2.4.x. This week I committed my table menu patch and my patch which fixes up DnD in TreeView. Single row DnD finally works right (for example TreeStore reordering was broken and you couldn't drop rows on empty views ...). I guess I should also try implementing multi-row DnD for 2.4. When I have time that is.
Now the table menu patch is in I should work on getting the combo box ready to land. I also wrote the fixed height optimization patch for TreeView, which seems to help a lot. That will probably land this weekend or otherwise somewhere next week. All other new bits in GTK+ 2.4.x are shaping up too. Which is pretty exciting.
Though I hope I will have enough time to hack on GTK+ 2.4. Two sysadmin jobs next to university require a good amount of time ...