Two days ago we had a Linux day. A nice event where innocent people bring their computers to us, we install Linux on them, try to fix broken configurations, and give lectures.
The people from Actcom sponoered lunch as always, and the T-shirts for installers and gurus. The Bezeq people came late and sponoered an ADSL line for one day. It was very nice of them, besides the fact they were 3 hours late, and forgot to bring filters... so we had network only 5 hours after we started configurations ;). The people from BeyondSecurity (Aviram Jenik's company) came and brought installers (3) and some stuff. They also came a bit late ;).
The local people who worked on the day to be a success are:
- epsalon - Alon Altman, who did a lot to make sure all matters, both technical and administrative would function as expected.
- EzAton - after configuring his server to perform as a kickstart nfs server (we mainly installed RH 9.0 + updates), and bringing lots of network things, he still went on and installed, solved problems, etc.
- Meir Maor - did a lot as installer, helped to carry the heavy stuff around.
- Shachar Rijndael (it's not the way he writes his name, but in Hebrew is name is equivalent to the one used by the Advanced Encryption Standard) - just like Meir - helped to carry the heavy stuff, and installed a lot.
- ladypine - arrived after work, and helped to make sure things were running smoothly (which as usual wasn't the case).
- shlomif - came, installed, wrote the slides for the lecture.
- Adir - Besides a little lifting made more noise than expected. He was in charge on few things, and most of them were screwed up. This fact didn't caused him to understand he did almost nothing, and to behave like the boss.
- yours truly - as I was in Central America during the summer, I wasn't one of the real organizers. However, I gave the lecture 3 times, tried to make sure there will be a nice music all around the event (almost succeeded in that for 9 hours). etc. I did also some heavy lifting.
Hopefully next time would be better ;)
btw, after the mess, I re-certified Alon as a journeyer. He really deserves this status, after working hard, and trying to communicate with Adir (usually without success). I also certified shlomif (at last). Even though I am not using his scripts, he still did a good job, and good job is always entitled to recognition.